Stafford Driving Centre
Mtech Lite uses all of the 1 mile track.Â Used for Formula Renault Driving Experiences.
Stafford Driving Centre was established in March 2003 at the former Royal Air Force Station, RAF Seighford and is located 3.6 miles (5.6 km) Northwest of Stafford, Staffordshire, England.Â
Aircraft operations commenced in January 1943 before Boulton Paul Aircraft Company took over the site in 1956 as they needed a longer track in order to test larger and heavier aircrafts in the Jet Age. They extended the main runway that is used by Stafford Driving Centre today by another 200 yards, making it 2000 yards in total which makes the race track today just over 1.1 miles long. The site was closed in January 1966 and returned largely to agricultural use.Â
Most of the site today is currently leased by Staffordshire Gliding Club who moved to Seighford in 1992. The one remaining tarmac runway to the south of the site is used by Stafford Driving Centre, a driving experience company.Â
The track today is 1.1 miles long and consists of 2 main hairpins and chicanes. The racing lines are marked out by painted lines and the coned layout of the circuit provides extra safety for both the cars and the drivers, allowing top end testing to happen at great speed.
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- Car Park
- Briefing Rooms
- CafÃ©/Light refreshments available to buy
- Mtech Lite recommend customers to go on to the â€˜Visit Staffordâ€™ website http://www.visitstafford.org/accommodation
- Please note: the post code is for Ladfordfields Industrial Estate but you can follow the brown tourism signs sign posted Driving Experiences
- Turn off Sat navs when close and follow directions below:
From the M6:
- Exit the M6 at junction 14 and take the A5013 signposted Eccleshall
- Proceed through the village of Cresswell
- Pass the sign that says ‘Welcome to Great Bridgeford’
- Turn left onto the B5405 (Newport Road) signposted Woodseaves
- Pass the Great Bridgeford Village Hall on the left
- Proceed through a series of bends and turn left at the staggered crossroads
- Pass the entrance to the Staffordshire Gliding Club on the right
- Centre is a further 200m on the right
From the A41:
- Turn onto the A519 for approximately 4.7 miles towards Woodseaves.
- At Woodseaves turn right onto the B5405 and stay on that road for approximately 4.7 miles.
- Pass the Ladfordfields Industrial Estate on the left and turn right onto Clanford Road.
- Pass the entrance to the Staffordshire Gliding Club
- Stafford Driving Centre is a further 200m on the right.