General Code of Conduct for Events
WHY DRIVING EXPERIENCE EVENTS ARE DIFFERENT FROM MASS GATHERINGS
It is important to remember the difference between a driving experience at a circuit to mass gatherings such as sports arenas, movie theatres, and concerts:
- Capacity can be reduced/managed to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Seating in vehicles are limited to one driver only and only three cars (spaced apart) are used at one time. The cars are in a controlled area managed by Mtech Lite staff and Marshalls.
- Exposure time is limited. Participants generally move throughout their experience, much like in an inter-city district or zone. Participants will be directed to Administration area, Briefing area, Kitting-up and finally to the vehicle and are not sitting in a single location, elbow-to-elbow, for an extended period.
- A large percentage of event attendance is made up of family members and others who live in the same home and thus do not need to be physically distanced from each other.
- Each driver is given a time slot. Briefing is provided in a controlled area where numbers are strictly minimised and physical distancing rules applied.
GENERAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Frequent handwashing is essential and is the responsibility of all employees and guests. Guests and employees should remind themselves of the importance of frequently washing their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- A provision will be made for additional handwashing and/or hand sanitizer hygiene stations throughout facilities: on entry, in key walkways. Provision will also be provided behind the scenes in maintenance areas, trucks, office/break areas.
- All employees should wear masks/face coverings and gloves while on the job, interacting with others.
- To ensure the safety of all our guests and staff, we require you to have a Health & Hygiene kit, consisting of a balaclava and gloves.
- We will utilize touch-free/contactless payment options when possible.
- We have reduced event capacity to allow for appropriate physical distancing
- Consideration has been made for guests to purchase all-inclusive package offers.
- Acrylic (plexiglass) or other types of barriers/hygiene screens will be placed between guest and staff in frequent, close interaction areas such as Signing On, wherever practical to reduce contamination. Barriers/hygiene screens will be wiped over regularly.
- Picture signs will be used to address: COVID-19 physical distancing and sanitisation. Signs are to make it easy for guests/participants to understand what is expected
GUEST CONFIDENCE/GUEST COMMUNICATION
- We are committed to keeping you healthy and safe, but we cannot guarantee you won’t be exposed to COVID-19. We rely on you to protect yourself too:
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face
- Maintain your distance from others
- Cover your mouth and nose
- Avoid touching surfaces
- If you’re sick or have any symptoms of Covid19, please don’t participate and encourage your family not to participate.
- Signs with health and hygiene reminders should be visible trackside.
- Guests should do their part by maintaining physical distance when talking with Mtech Lite Staff, Marshalls and Circuit Employees.
Please consider the following points and consider your responsibility:
- If you or any member of your party or family is not feeling well, don’t visit. Plan to come when everyone is well.
- All drivers and permitted guests will have their temperature taken on arrival at the venue. Anyone with a higher than normal temperature may be required to make their way home.
- Kit – Please wear a mask/ face covering throughout your visit. Face masks are compulsory in all public areas. This is for your own protection and for the protection of other guests and employees at the circuit. Employees will also be wearing masks/ face coverings.
- To ensure the safety of all our guests and staff, we require you to have a Health & Hygiene kit, consisting of a balaclava and gloves. These are available to purchase at the booking-in station at the venue for a small discounted fee of £6.00* (items are also sold individually). You will be required to wear the full kit to drive.
- Helmets are provided and will be sanitised after each use. You are welcome to bring your own Helmet, but it will need to be checked by a member of staff to ensure it meets our regulations prior to driving.
- Long sleeves and long trousers are essential to ensure your comfort and safety while in the car, as we are no longer able to provide coveralls.
- Wash your hands frequently and practice good hygiene while visiting an event:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds throughout your visit. Use hand sanitizer as an alternative. (Wash them after coughing or sneezing, before eating, after toilet use, and when hands are visibly dirty.)
b .When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue. Throw tissue into a trash receptacle after use.
- At some locations, you may be asked to apply hand sanitizer before, during, and/or after the experience.
- We have enhanced our already-stringent cleaning protocols considering the COVID-19 pandemic. We apologize if you experience any delays or inconvenience as a result of these procedures
- Follow social/physical distancing guidelines carefully, maintaining space from others. Family members and others (a “family unit”) who live in the same household can be closer together. All others should strictly adhere to the physical distancing guidelines.
- To facilitate adherence to physical distancing guidelines, events may reduce capacity or close some time slots. We ask our customers to ‘Please be patient and understanding with these necessary operational changes’.
- If you feel ill once you are at the event go to First Aid or let an employee know. You and your party may be asked to move to a special area within the circuit for further assessment or you may be required to make your way home where safe to do so.