Curborough Sprint Course
Mtech Lite uses the â€˜figure of 8â€™ course which is approximately Â¾ mile. Â Used for Formula Renault Driving Experiences.
Extracts from Curborough Sprint Circuits website:
‘The sprint course at Curborough was formerly a small part of RAF Lichfield where 7 Operational Training Unit, whose task was to train aircrew on Wellington Bombers, were disbanded in June 1945. The Air Ministry eventually sold the entire site for the sum of Â£240,000 on 1st May 1962.
TheÂ inaugural sprint meeting took place on 16th June 1963.
Over time the track has received upgrades with the corners losing their cone markings, to be replaced with proper rumble strips. 1996 saw the trackâ€™s surface renewed with a new layer of tarmac, where a donation was received from the National Lottery Sports Council Fund, and was the first motor sport project in the country to receive such funding.Â Another new addition in 1998 was replacing stretches of tyre wall with â€˜Recticelâ€™, a foam based vinyl covered material that absorbs an impact far better than its predecessor, and hopefully causes less damage to the car involved. Other more recent improvements for the 2001 season saw the paddock widened and numbered, whilst the spectators have gained a seating area.’
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
Curborough Sprint Circuit
Netherstowe Lane (off Wood Lane)
- Car Park
- Light refreshments available for sale by Mtech Lite
- Mtech Lite recommends customers visit â€˜Visit Lichfieldâ€™ website http://www.visitlichfield.co.uk/accommodation
- Curborough Sprint Circuit does not have a specific postcode and the nearest property postcode is WS13 8EJ
- It is situated off the A38 trunk road between Burton on Trent and Lichfield in Staffordshire.
- The venue is â€˜brown-signedâ€™ once you are off the A38, and on the A515 travelling from the west.
- When using a satellite navigation or GPS system, the following information may be of use: